The project has been conceptualized taking the changing aesthetic and practical needs of the senior citizens into consideration. This can be explained under two categories i.e. design features and resident services.
- Design Features: fully accessible & adaptable environment for free movement through features like rounded edges in walls, anti-skid flooring, grab bars, wider entries & corridors, resting spaces, emergency call monitoring, larger switches, higher lighting levels, stretcher lifts, no door risers and integrated interactive activity areas etc.
- Resident Services: Krishnashray should have an active living which entails services like common dinning, fitness cum physiotherapy, art & crafts rooms, library and indoor games. The doctor at site will be available on appointment for routine medical check-ups. Personal support services like laundry/ironing, shopping, handyman, paying utility bills etc will be available on payment.
Amenities spread across the facilities are:
- Reception and lobby which includes an emergency control station
- Common dining and kitchen
- Multipurpose room
- TV lounge
- Administration area
- Meeting room
- Computer room
- Indoor games area for carom / chess / board games
- Yoga / meditation area
- Facilities for home delivery from Convenience store
- Guest rooms
- Nursing station
- Physician consultation room
- Assisted Living
- Staff accommodation
Synopsis of the same are listed below:
- Onsite services of community physician – A qualified doctor would be available as per pre-defined time schedule for general consultation and periodic checkups, which will be planned on case to case basis.
- Onsite services of registered nurse- A professionally qualified registered nurse would be available round the clock on shifts for meeting the basic nursing and emergency needs.
- 24 hour emergency facilities – Arrangement will be made for a doctor on call & ambulance in handling medical emergencies.
- Assisted living center (to be started in due course) – Residents / occupants will be able to use the assisted living unit for continuous care (based on the recommendations of the site physician for both usage and period of stay). The usage will be on incremental cost basis.
- Physiotherapy and fitness services- A physiotherapist would be available during a part of the day to assist the occupant/residents with their physiotherapy and fitness needs. A large physiotherapy cum fitness center is part of the amenities provided.
- Emergency alarm system- An emergency alarm response system would be installed at strategic points in the apartments, which would be monitored and manned at the central control station for medical emergencies.
- Wellbeing – A part time instructor for positive ageing would be available to encourage residents /occupants to practice wellbeing activities. Facilities like reading room, television viewing room, group outings, hobby clubs, games, yoga, art & crafts room, and intellectual continuity tie ups etc., will be made/ available. Part time instructors would also be available for the recreational activities and hobbies.